Wednesday, April 2, 2014

2 of the Cards I submitted to Stamping Royalty

Thank You
Friendship:
Friends card: (Best Pals)
Supplies:
Paper: Recollections White Cardstock, DCWV “Halloween and Fall stack”, “Oriental Stack”, and “The Screen Print Stack”
Dies: Sizzix Pop‘n Cuts Multitier 3-D pop-up; Sizzix Fancy Labels
Embellishments: Recollections brad; Shrinky Dink
Swalk printout “Best Pals” (best friends on insert)
Stamps: S.W.A.L.K “Best Pals”; Fiskars “Kids Stamps --My Life”, Kraftin Kimmie “BFF Trinkets”
Ink: Fiskars black ink; Spectrum Noir Pens: (colors listed below); Colorbox Petal Point “Arboretum” & “Pinwheel”
Embossing paste: homemade from topping mix and latex paint.
EK tools “Scalloped Circle”
Essentials:
Fiskars Fuse and adapter plates
EK tools 3D-Dots
Ad-tech glue runner
Tombow “Multi-Mono Liquid Glue”
Instructions:
Tricks:  I designed and drew the pier so it would fit the multi-tier.
Using Sizzix Pop‘n Cuts Multitier 3-D pop-up I cut the papers to make the various layers and cut off the tops to use as contrasts on front and inside of card.  The stamp sets I were: S.W.A.L.K “Best Pals” and  Fiskars “Kids Stamps --My Life” and stamped with Fiskars black ink pad cardstock and colored them. Coloring:
S.W.A.L.K “Best Pals” stamps coloring is: Boys hat: FS3, GB8, CT1, CT3. Dog colors: GB8, GB10, TN7. Hair: GB 8, GB10, TN7. Skin and face: FS2, FS3. Fish: OR1, TN7. Shirt: CT1, CT 3, TN7. Overalls: TB1, TB2, TB 3, TB 5. Eyes on boy and dog: TB1. Dog nose & boys lips: PP3. Fishing reel: DR1, DR7. Dog tag, patch, button: EB 8. Background behind boy and dog: BT1, ET2. Dog collar: TB1 TB3.
Fiskars “kids stamps my life” coloring: Greens for trees, bush & dog collar & frog: CG1, CG2, DG3; House Blue:TB1,TB2,TB3; Red door:CR8, CR11; Windows: PP1, FS6, Dog, pier & house: GB8, TN7, TN8.
For the pop-out I used leftover plastic from fruit containers. I attached the pop-out to the cardstock using a glue runner then I covered it with the DCWV Halloween stack green and “Oriental” for the sky. I drew and fussy cut a peer and attached that to the front of the large card pop-out. To simulate the lake, I made my own embossing medium, spread it thinly yet unevenly, and let it dry and then colored them with inks from Color Box used a sponge make the water effect for the lake. Took the pieces I colored earlier used tape to attach them.  I cut off the stamped “string” attached generic bakers twine string to the fishing pole and fussy cut the water ripple ripples and placed the string into the center and glued it in the “water”.  I attached the fish to the foremost pop-up and the frog to the thin tall one. 
I used Shrinky Dink and stamped the word best in a 3/4 moon with the word “Pals” in the center, and stamped one of the BFF trinkets for the front, spellbinders dies and shrunk them.  I masked the front border of the card and stamped “best” on one side “pals” on the other and taped the large shrink dink between them.  I used the same dies for the front and cut the center out with a scalloped circle and placed the shrink dink behind it

5 comments:

  1. These are both absolutely wonderful Nancy! Designing the pier to fit the pop up is amazing and looks so cute. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! Those are fabulous Nancy!! Love the pop up! So cute! Thanks for linking up!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are beautiful Nancy! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. well done. love the bright plaid and poseys on the thank you card. and what a great pop up card. sure to brighten someones day.

    ReplyDelete